- Trade Services
- Source Chinese Investment
- Learn to Import
- China News
- About Us
A final article inspection is like an insurance policy against poor quality
A Final Article Inspection is performed when completed goods are ready for shipment from China. Completed products are selected at random and checked against your product specifications to ensure compliance, including packaging and labeling. A full report is produced after the checks are undertaken and photographic evidence provided.
Identify issues and take corrective action before the goods leave China
How do we do it?
Your inspector randomly selects products from the completed batch to test. Faults that are identified are then classified into three categories and counted. If the number of faults exceeds the standard acceptable quantity (see AQL table), then the overall inspection fails, and corrective action will be required.
The three defect categories are;
A sample of an approved product will be required for the inspection, so that the inspector can cross reference the finished goods. The quality inspector then checks the finished goods against the following criteria;
Full details of product specifications, packaging and labeling requirements will be required .
Our final article inspection can be booked two ways, either online (Online Final Inspection Order) or over the phone.
|Included||Final Article Inspection|
|1. 24/hr confirmation||Yes|
|2. 24/hr report delivery once inspection complete||Yes|
|3. MIL STD - 105E Inspection Standard||Yes|
|4. Inspector attend inspection site||Yes|
|5. Post Inspection support to interpret inspection results||Yes|
|6. Option to customise inspection criteria||Yes|
|7. Weekend inspection support if required||Yes|
|8. During inspection updates if required||Yes|
Order via email or call +61 2 92672933, download our inspection request form link
1) 24hour confirmation is determined in business hours. If a booking is made out of business hours the 24 hour time period will commence the next business day.
2) 24 hour report delivery time normally means the following business day by close of business (6pm EST). For an Online Report this is processed on business days only, meaning if the inspection is undertaken on Friday, the report will be delivered COB on Monday. For a customised report, clients can request a faster delivery turnaround. If this is not requested, then standard delivery times will apply.
Inspections are charged on a 1 man day basis. 1 man day means 8hrs work including travel time. The report ins completed outside of this inspection period.
3) MIL STD 105E is a USA military standard that is commonly used for commercial goods inspection. It applys to the AQL table to determine the number of items that will be selected for random inspection, based on the total quantity of goods. This also dictates the number of days required to undertake an inspection. CB will advise the client once the booking has been made how many days are required for inspection to complete this task.
See the following link for a definition of this Standard and details of acceptabble tolerance levels.
4) An inspector will always attend the inspection site ( which is noramlly the supplier factory or warehouse). When preparing the inspection request, please provide details of the inspection location. If these details are not know, provide contact information for the supplier who is responsible for the order.
In some cases a freight forwarder will allow you to consolidate your goods at their warehouse and also permit an inspection there. This is not always the case, so permission from your freight forwarder should be sought in advance.
It is requested that inspectors be sent approved samples to be used as a reference during inspection. Please advise China Blueprint if you will be sending samples and we will provide you with the appropriate address details for the supplier location. Please also include the courier name and if available tracking number. Allow sufficient time for the sample to arrive prior to the inspection being undertaken. Samples will be returned if requested and will be undertaken at the client cost, otherwise we will hold the sample in our office for use against future inspection requests.
5) Customised report requests will also have the added benefit of post inspection support, which means we will talk you through the results and suggest options if the results are not as expected. We may also communicate with your supplier on your behalf if requested, to have them take corrective action where quality issues are identified. This includes up to 2 additional hours work.
6) Option to customise inspection report means, we will inspect what you want us to inspect. In some cases this may mean we cannot comply with the prescribed criteria set out by the MIL STD 105E. For example, if you have 200 teddy bears to be inspected and you want a 100% inspection, focussing mainly on the fur quality and stitching, we will work with you to achieve this.
7) If your inspection is undertaken on a Saturday or Sunday and you require onsite feedback we will work with you to deliver this information.
8) Some importers timelines are really tight, meaning as soon as the goods are complete they must be loaded for shipping. In this case, we can work with you to a) inspect as the goods come off the production line and are packaged, or b) report to you our findings verbally while the inspection is being undertaken. This can include photos sent via email.
All inspection reports are provided in PDF format, and are emailed to clients. Hard copies are not normally provided unless requested and are subject to a $15.00 (+ GST) printing and mailing fee. For a web version of inspection terms, link here.
Order Final Inspection
Import Service Brochure
Importing - lge Projects
Export Service Brochure
Business Set Up Brochure
Meet our consultants
Meet our customers
Follow us on twitter
What is due diligence?
Calculate the cost
Commercialise your hobby
Do you need a contract?
Choosing an inspection
Why we are different to other inspection agencies
Once we receive your application we will contact you to establish the inspection criteria of your project and discuss any special requirements or inspection standards that your unique project may have.
Unlike other inspection companies, China Blueprint assists you with the process from start to finish. We discuss with you the inspection process, important inspection issues that you my not have considered, and how to interpret your inspection report. If the inspection reveals faults or errors we can even assist you with working with the factory to resolve these.
We normally require at least 7 days prior to the inspection date for inspection requests, however we will consider urgent requests, so do not hesitate to contact us, we are your eyes and ears on the ground in China!
Top Reasons for a Final Article Inspection